Saturday, July 17, 2010

A way with words (part 2)

I was wondering if you blog readers could help me out! I was trying to find out the term we use when we change a word to fit a certain phrase or context. For example, I was reading a blog yesterday (unfortunately, I can´t remember the name) and it was written "shift happens" (which totally made sense in the text). How do we call that?


  1. would it be a pun? Like the Write Path?

  2. Is it? Great to know, I always see that kind of thing in English and I never knew how to call it. I always referred to it as "playing with the words". Thanks for your comment dear.